Whitman Independent Advisors Sdn Bhd (“We” or “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the personal data, provided by the (“you”), in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This policy (which may be amended or updated by us from time to time) seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections that you are entitled to under the PDPA. This policy is provided in English and Malay languages and should there be any conflict in meaning between the English and Malay language version, the English version shall prevail.
This Privacy Notice applies to these individuals whose personal data are collected and processed by us (“data subject”). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the term “personal data” has the meaning prescribed by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) as follows:-
“Personal Data” means any information in respect of commercial transactions, which:-
- is being processed wholly or partly by means of equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose;- is recorded with the intention that it should wholly or partly be processed by means of such equipment; or
- is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system,that relates directly or indirectly to a data subject who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of a data user, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the data subject but does not include any information that is processed for the purpose of a credit reporting business carried on by a credit reporting agency under the Credit Reporting Agencies Act 2010.
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal data supplied by you. In line with the Act, this Privacy Notice aims to highlight the manner we deal with your personal data and the choices available to you to access or limit our access to your personal data.
1) The types of personal data collected and processed by us may include information such as:-
- Your name, nationality, date of birth, identity card/passport number, gender, resident status, marital status, address, contact number, email address, number of dependents, occupation details, income range, net worth, liability and source of fund/income;
- Your personal data from regulators and governmental agencies; and
- Such other relevant information which we may require in order to provide you with our services/products.
2) We collect your personal data for the following purposes:-
- To assess your application for our services/products;- The provision of services/products requested by you for facilitating daily operational processes;
- To keep you informed of new products or services offered by us or our related, associated or affiliated companies by way of marketing/advertisement/promotional materials, emails or calls;
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements or as directed by regulatory or government bodies;
- For risk profiling and conducting money laundering and terrorism financing checks and other background checks;
- To create directories or database whether for publication or not;
- To attend to your inquiries and generally to enable resolution of a concern or complaint;
- For delivery of notices and statements; and
- For such other purposes that are incidental or ancillary or in furtherance of the above purposes.
(collectively “the Purposes”)
The personal data collected will be retained by us for the duration permitted/required under Malaysian law, which may extend to periods after termination of your contractual relationship with us.
3) We collect your personal data from various sources, including but not limited to:-
- The information you have provided us;
- Information from third parties (such as your authorized representatives, your financial adviser, your agent, your bank, if funds are transferred to and from your bank account); and
- Information in the public domain.
4) We maintain the security of your personal data as follows:-
- We maintain adequate security control systems to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal data;
- Access to your personal data by our staff is strictly on a need-to-know basis; and
- Where we appoint third party service providers, agents or contractors to provide services to us, we ensure that these third parties observe similar security measures as adopted by us.
5) We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our directors, officers and dealer’s representatives for purposes relating to your application and use of our services/products;
- Our related, associated or affiliated companies;
- Regulatory bodies such as Bank Negara Malaysia, Securities Commission, Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, clearinghouse and other regulatory bodies which have oversight over us and our activities;
- Any third party service provider, agent or contractor who have been appointed by us to provide services to us whether in or outside Malaysia subject to sufficient security controls over the information;
- Our auditors, lawyers, consultants and other advisors;
- Parties authorized by you; and
- Any other party to whom such disclosure is required by law or regulatory requirement or pursuant to a Court order notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia, for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
6) Your rights and choices
You have the right to access and request for correction of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or not updated.
For the above purposes, please contact the person whose details are given in the contact information below.
In accordance with the Act:-
- We may charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction.
If you do not wish to receive marketing/advertisement/promotional material from us, you have the right to request that we stop contacting you or sending you marketing/advertisement/ promotional materials. Such request may be made via email to the contact personnel named below.It is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data requested by us. If you choose not to supply us with your personal data or withdraw or limit the use of your personal data, we may reject your application for the services/products requested or we may not be able to continue providing you with the services/products you have requested.By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.
7) Amendments and Contact
You will be notified of any material amendments to this Privacy Notice. Such notification may be mailed to you and form part of our monthly statement to you, notified to you via emails and/or accessible from our website at www.whitman.com.my. If you continue to use our services/products, you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept such changes.
Complaints or inquiries relating to any matter concerning your personal data can be made to the following personnel:
Attention to: Whitman Independent Advisors Sdn. Bhd.
Mailing address: No. 19-2 , Level 1, Block E1, Jalan PJU 1/42, Dataran Prima,47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Telephone No: 03 – 7880 8359
Fax No: 03 – 7880 8615
If you are a corporation supplying personal data of your directors, shareholders and/or officers to us, please do ensure that you have obtained their consent and bring this Privacy Notice to the attention of your directors, shareholders and/or officers whose personal data you are supplying/have been supplied to us.